Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm a fully fledged gym member again

I signed up properly tonight to the gym I trialled a few weeks ago. I feel so happy to know I have my gym space again. As soon as I signed up I was straight into a workout, being in the gym for me feels really comfortable now - although at my old gym I tended to stick to the ladies room, so I had to get used to having the boys around me tonight, man they can lift some seriously heavy weights!

Given that my thighs and calves are still feeling a bit sore after Saturday's stairs marathon and I really wanted to weight train tonight, I focused on my back and arms with just a 15 minutes cycle to warm up. There is nothing like doing some weights, in my opinion anyway. With cardio I get a bit like "hurry up, when does this end" but when I'm doing weights I'm trying to focus on technique and feeling the squeeze and really pushing especially when my mind is like "go on, drop the weight for the last set".

I will admit I probably went a little lighter than I could have for some of my weights but having not been going regularly for a month now I wasn't sure how my strength has held up, and whilst I probably could have started higher I know I would have needed to drop down and I still feel like I had a good workout but now know I can go heavier and/or longer next time. Will be interesting to see how the muscles feel in the morning.

I'm getting a proper program done up on Saturday morning with one of the trainers so am looking forward to sitting down and working out what exactly I want to achieve and how I can go about doing that.


No comments:

Post a Comment