Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Back to reality

After almost a month of not working I have got a contract job doing some basic data entry and analysis so it was a seriousl jolt of back to reality today.

No more nice sleep ins until 9am, not more going for a run along the waterfront when I feel like it or doing what I want basically whenever I please. No, instead it was a nice 6am alarm to ensure I was up, showered, dressed, had breakfast eaten and had wandered down to the train station by 7.15am.

I did get ready quite promptly so I think I'll allow myself an extra ten minutes in bed in the morning - when it involves alarms which start with a number less than 7 I always think any extra minutes in bed are fantastic.

I got the first two days of my couch to 10km running done and dusted on Monday and Tuesday, I had intended to at least got for a walk tonight but I am honestly shattered and also needed to go and get some groceries as the cupboards were bare. (Excuses I know!)

However, by the time I walk from my house to the train station and then from the station in the city to my workplace I've easily walked about 2.5-3km today which obviously isn't as fast or as focused as when I go walking but its a vast improvement on when I used to be able to park not even 50m from the front door of my old workplace and drove every day.

Knowing I'll be able to get home tomorrow in the late afternoon means I know I will be going for a run or walk tomorrow and then I'll definitely be hitting the pavement on Friday to do the third and final day of the couch to 10km for this week.

Trying to plan all my meals in advance so that I'm not purchasing meals and getting caught out with temptations, although I will admit I'm allowing myself some easter treats namely chocolate and hot cross buns, but it is straight back into focused meals come next week.

For now, it's almost 8pm and I'm pretty much ready to head to bed for soon - I am indeed Nanna Anna - luckily its only 2 days this week and 3 next week to ease myself back into the working routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment