Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hidden Athlete Badge

Today I completed week two of the couch to 10km program and with that I earnt my hidden athlete badge. Whilst it is still predominantly interval running I have noticed it feels like its getting harder, even if it is only an extra 30 seconds or minute on the interval.

I started the program taking the dog with me but since he likes to stop and smell the roses, literally, and wants to play with every dog along the way it gets frustrating tugging on the lead while I'm running so he now stays home and I just take him out for a walk or the dog park at a different time of the day.

This means I can focus on pace and technique as I run. I still wouldn't say it is a hard workout but I know I am working up to running for time periods which will be a real challenge.

I really like the app however it doesn't measure the distance you run as well as the time you run for which is a little annoying. I have an idea of the distances I'm doing but I don't know exactly and I don't think I can have the map my run app going while I also have the running app going which is a little frustrating.

Today's run was good but a little frustrating too because its such a nice day and there were markets on near where I live, so every man, woman, child and dog was out, I swear I spent the first half of my run zig-zagging - it reminded me of doing drills for netball back when I used to play.

Looking forward to what next weeks workouts will be and also getting a better focus back on my diet too. But for now it's easter and I'm going to enjoy some chocolate and hot cross buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment