Sunday, May 4, 2014

Refocusing and Reassessing

So I've been reassessing my goals in regards to my health and fitness, I have to say hurting my knee was part of re-examining things because obviously running is off the cards for a little bit, which is really frustrating, but I can't run on my knee and that's a reality not an excuse. I'll be back doing what I can as soon as I can - I am hating having to lounge around and not be able to do things. My husband keeps telling me to sit down whenever I try and do anything, I know I need to rest my knee but I don't like feeling a bit helpless!!!

Anyway, I've been thinking about where I am currently am with my health and fitness and have made some decisions about things I want to achieve. I am quite happy with my fitness but would like to continue to build my strength up through weights and also tone up. I also really want to get to my 10km running goal so I will be back on that as soon as I can. To do this I will be getting a program through the gym and then continuing with the running app as well.

In regards to my health, my diet has not been as good as it should be and since moving to Brisbane a few kilos have come back on. My clothes all still feel good and they fit me but I'm very conscious of slipping into bad habits with my diet and so I need to pull myself up on this. I have such a fear of gaining back all the weight I've lost but at the same time find eating not-so-healthy foods happening more than it should.

I met with Ray Hope today who is an Australia powerlifting champion to discuss my goals. He is going to help me achieve my goals through a structured meal plan and some extra exercise tips. He is also going to help me work out why I want to achieve these things and working on my mindset to help me get the most out of myself. I'm quite excited about the prospects this may hold.

So with a new week upon me I will be making healthy meal choices and snacking wisely and as soon as I'm out of the leg brace and off the crutches will be hitting the gym, although it will be my arms probably getting a decent workout for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment