Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week One done

So today is the end of week one of 12wbt and I will admit it has not been a good week in regards to either diet or exercise and I will be surprised if there is a loss on the scales come Wednesday.

I could list a million reasons why my week hasn't been good but at the end of the day they are excuses and I've sat and had a good long and hard think about things.

A few things over the week just made me feel like everything was just a bit tough and I admit I turned to food to get through it, when I should have made smarter choices.

It all started off well, and while I was away I ate quite well making wise food choices. It then just started to fall apart as the week progressed with work stress and a family situation. I know sometimes life throws things at us and you can't always be perfect with nutrition and fitness but I feel frustrated with myself that I let it get so out of hand.

Anyway, I've had a good look in the mirror and a bit of a pep talk to myself and I'm all prepared for the week ahead. I've got my groceries, I've got my meal plans, I've got my exercise plans all written out and all my gym gear is clean and I will pack my bag tonight. There will be no "I can't be bothered tonight" moments this week and there will be no need to incorporate silly choices into my diet.

Saturday night will be my red flag as it is my husbands birthday but that is also the perfect reason not to have any alcohol as he can enjoy a few drinks with dinner and I can be the sober driver. I will also be able to make a smart choice food wise no matter where he selects for dinner and since its a treat meal night it also means I'll have a few extra calories than normal to allocate to my dinner.

Feeling a bit glum heading into week 2 but am sure if I can sort this mental stuff out and empower myself to stay focused and on track then come weigh in next week I'll be feeling much better about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment